I’m on a mission to raise the love and connection in our generation.
And it starts with YOU and YOUR family.
I want to help YOU increase your sense of love and connection with your partner and pass that gift along to your kids (if you have them!).
Afterall, families are the backbone of our society. It’s the place where our bodies, minds and hearts are first formed. The place where values, culture and habits are instilled. It’s the place where shit is the hardest and love is the deepest. And it’s the place of belonging and healing we all crave and need.
So what you are doing right now in pursuing connection, growth and healing with your partner is one of the most important things you could be doing, for you, for your kids (if you have them) and for the world!
If we can get things right at home, it’s a heck of a lot easier to get things right in all the other places of our life.
So even if you are struggling now in your relationship, there is hope.
There are research-based tools and education that can help you transform your relationship so you can experience the daily joy that you know is possible.
Ready to get started?
A LITTLE ABOUT ME, ALI
I’m an Educator for the Gottman workshops: Bringing the Baby Home & The 7 Principles for Making Marriage Work. I completed my training in the Summer of 2019 and I lead workshops for couples and new parents primarily in North Carolina, but also throughout the USA (and hopefully overseas someday!).
I graduated in 2011 with a degree in music and minor in psychology and in my early working years my career spanned several fields; as a private piano teacher, digital marketer and co-producer on a feature film.
Today, my passions have clarified, fitting more neatly into the fields of family psychology and spirituality. I continue to study and train in cutting-edge information and practices and I use my skills of teaching, creating and organizing to educate and lead families in living with deep connection and love with each other and the world.
I’m the proud mother to Asher (3yr) & Aiden (3mo) and wife to Paul, my partner and friend, who has walked many journeys with me over our 7 years of marriage. Our marriage is a big reason WHY I am teaching what I teach today, because we were transformed as a couple when we began to learn and implement these principles, along with other practices.
I enjoy taking slow walks with my 3 year old as he marvels at every stick and rock, snuggling and smiling at my sweet 3mo, a quiet evening chatting with my hubby, and slowly drinking a cup of tea or coffee while journaling or reading almost any non-fiction book.
I am deeply curious about our humanness and how we relate to one another and deeply desire to create a meaningful life for myself and my family.
A few fun facts:
- I grew up memorizing the capitals to Middle Eastern countries. Why? My dad was a Political Science Professor of the Middle East and it was kind of his thing to surround us with Middle Eastern culture. It was pretty cool.
- I taught private ballroom dance lessons for about 6 months right after college. That was fun!
- I LOVE rock climbing, even though I’m afraid of heights.
- Music is kind of my other love story. Let’s just say… Jazz band, marching band, band camp, flute, saxophone, choir, guitar, piano, musicals, recitals… you get the picture.
- If I had unlimited money I would travel the globe and live in all sorts of diverse, unique places and simply connect with people so I could better understand other perspectives and cultures.